SPARTA, TN (July 21, 2017) Jackson Kayak today announced the company will debut a new boat brand and the brand’s first model at Outdoor Retailer next week. Blue Sky Boatworks emerged from collaboration between Jackson Kayak’s development team and paddlesports veteran Andy Zimmerman and his design team, which includes multi-hull guru Jim Brown.
Built on a catamaran platform and manufactured by Jackson Kayak at its Tennessee facility, Blue Sky Boatworks will launch with the new 360° / Angler. Consumers will immediately notice the ease of entering the stable craft. Then they will also notice the boat’s efficiency and how quickly and comfortably they can cover water and pursue their passion – fishing, hunting, birding, photography, camping, fitness – whatever they love doing on the water.
The combination of these features makes the new 360° / Angler unique in the marketplace:
- Effortless speed with Flex Drive system. Three-blade prop and 12:1 crank ratio equals more performance with less energy
- Amazing stability with twin hull design. Stand, turn and walk bow to stern.
- Personalized comfort with an ergonomic 360° swivel seat that can be raised and lowered and positioned for optimal positioning for pedaling.
- Unmatched versatility with 34 square feet of deck space and multiple gear tracks to customize for pursuits.
- Unique portability with quick disassembly. Trailer it, drop it in the back of a pick up or car-top it.
- Flexible power. Easily converts from Flex Drive pedal to Flex Drive electric.
- Convenient left-hand and right-hand rudder control at the seat.
- Molded bow hatches for gear and rod storage or to accommodate batteries for fish finders, etc.
- Bow frame extended to support optional front porch. Designed for extra gear and/or a dog, it can also support the user’s weight for sight fishing or landing a fish.
- Ample space behind the seat to accommodate an Orion Cooler™, tackle storage and platform for Power Pole® anchors.
- Wheel assist is bungeed behind seat so it won’t drop in the water. Vertical post has extra gear track for mounting rod holders and transducer.
“We’re excited about this new concept and thrilled with the reception this prototype has received,” said Jackson Kayak’s Joe Pulliam. “We think when the industry sees it and demos it at Outdoor Retailer; Blue Sky Boatworks is going to create a lot of buzz.”
Learn more and get updates at BlueSkyBoatworks.com.
About Blue Sky Boatworks
Setting the goal of overcoming the limitations of more traditional kayaks, the Jackson Kayak product development team collaborated with paddlesports veteran Andy Zimmerman and his design team, including multi-hull guru Jim Brown. And Blue Sky Boatworks was born. Built on a catamaran platform and manufactured by Jackson Kayak at their Tennessee facility, Blue Sky Boatworks brings the freedom and joy of human-powered craft to the huge market daunted by the challenges of kayaks. Current pedal kayak owners are also very likely to cross over for the higher level of customization, performance and comfort. Blue Sky Boatworks delivers. BlueSkyBoatworks.com
About Firefly Publicity
Visit https://www.fireflypublicity.com for more information about its public relations services for outdoor products. Firefly Publicity works closely with writers and editors to place products in media like magazines, newspapers, on-line content, radio and television. Public relations is a cost effective way for companies to maximize their marketing or advertising budget. Firefly Publicity is a results-oriented pr firm located in Red Wing, Minnesota. If you’re interested in gaining exposure for your company’s products, please contact Kim Emery at Firefly Publicity.